KITCHEN CABINET REFINISHING
GreenWave Solutions can prepare and refinish your kitchen cabinets to several different types of coatings, including:
- Solid Color Lacquers
- Antique Glazing / Distressed
- Clear & Staining Finishes
Kitchen Cabinet Procedure:
1) Everything in the work areas will be covered with paper, plastic, and tape.
2) All hardware, doors, and drawers will be removed and labeled.
3) We will prepare surfaces by cleaning with proper solvants and lightly sanding.
4) We will spray 2 coats of lacquer on doors, drawers, and frames.
5) Everything will be reinstalled and the work area will be cleaned to complete the cabinets.
This project can’t be done on days of heavy rain and humidity due to lacquers’ sensitivity to humidity.
We recommend that you use the lacquer listed below:
SHER-WOOD Hi-Bild Precat Lacquer
SHER-WOOD® Hi-Bild PreCat Lacquer is a fast drying, high performance, high solids precatalyzed lacquer for the kitchen and bath cabinetry and the general wood finishing market. After catalyzation, it provides 4 months pot life as a PreCat lacquer. This product features the following specifications:
- 20% higher volume than traditional precat lacquers.
- Fast dry to sand and pack.
- Contains UV absorber to significantly reduce the discoloration of natural wood from exposure to sunlight.
- Ideal for kitchen cabinets, vanities, chairs, office furniture, and household furniture.
- Meets KCMA performance requirements.
- Ready to spray, no reduction needed.
Although we recommend the above type of lacquer coating we ensure that the right coating will be applied to your type of cabinetry with one of the many lines of cabinet lacquers that are available.