Bathrooms are some of the more fun places to paint. They are small and you can usually get creative with colors because of this. However, the one factor that you must account for when painting your bathroom is water.
Bathrooms are exposed to lots of water, steam, and traffic. For this, you must take care when selecting bathroom paint. Since GreenWave Solutions has the best Atlanta painters, we use the best paint. Our professional choice is Sherwin-Williams’ Duration Home Matte Finish. This product is washable, scrubable, and water and mildew resistant. The resins in Duration are very resistant to peeling when exposed to shower steam or water splashing from the sinks. After you have selected your paint and color, here is what you need to paint your bathroom like our Atlanta Painting pros:
– Brushes and rollers
– Roller trays
– Drop cloths
– Drywall repair product and knife
– Tools to remove the back of the toilet
– Alkyd based aerosol primer (maybe)
– Caulk (maybe)
Here we go:
1) Repair any drywall damage (gouges, scratches, etc) and caulk everything (if necessary).
2) After drywall compound has dried, sand repairs smooth and prime with oil primer. During this step, prime and water stains that are around using the same primer.
3) Remove switch plates and outlet covers, tape around towel racks, light fixtures, ceilings and anything else you don’t want to get paint on (unless you are good enough to cut a line without tape).
4) Start painting. I like to do the trim first (see #5) and then the walls. Use your brush to cut and roll the big areas. If you want to, you can remove the back of the toilet so that you can paint the whole area. However, using a brush, you can paint behind it enough so that it looks completely painted. I don’t like removing the back of the commode because it sucks and isn’t really necessary.
5) Atlanta painting pro tip: If you are not using tape, paint the trim first. This way, it doesn’t matter if you get paint on the wall because it is easier to cut a straight line on the wall than on the trim.
6) Let the paint dry for 30 minutes or so, remove the tape, and do a walkthrough. Walkthrough refers to checking for missed spots, holidays, etc.
7) Clean up and get some beer to reward yourself!
This Roswell painting How-to is brought to you by GreenWave Solutions.
President of GreenWave Solutions, the best Atlanta painter and Dunwoody house painters. GreenWave Solutions offers painter services in Alpharetta, Atlanta, Decatur, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Brookhaven, Duluth, Grant Park, Inman Park, Buckhead,Milton, Midtown, and more!